Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wow.

What a week! This was the best first week of school I've every had! We are blessed to be able to loop up with our kiddos and they returned ready to work and learn! :) We started teaching math, science and writing right away. One of my summer projects was to create a writing/spelling resource that our students could keep in the back of their writing binders. Having so many students meant we probably wouldn't have time help students with spelling commonly misspelled words.



I wanted something more extensive, so I included Sitton's list of 1200 most frequent words in children's writing. And there are lines for students to add their own words throughout the year.



I was very happy to see that my students liked it...one even said "Thank you, Mrs. Sosa!" It feels good to know that it's something that will be used. :)



There are also pages with transitions and lists of family members, number words, days of the week, months of the year, etc.

You can find this spelling dictionary at my store on Teacher's Pay Teachers. I also have a Zaner-Bloser version for primary grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment