Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Newbie Blog Hop

Alright, I'm attempting my first link up with Grade Three is the Place for Me for a Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop. I hope I'm doing this right!

::crosses fingers::

The Questions are:

1. what state you are in
2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource


1. I am in the state of Florida! We're called the sunshine state, but all Floridians know that means squall lines, sun showers, and suffocating humidity.
2. I'm currently preparing to teach 3rd grade! I'm beyond excited to loop up with my kiddos this year--and this is my first year team teaching with my friend Judith. It's going to be a great year!
3. It's hard to believe that this will be my 6th year teaching. Time flies! I have five years under my newbie belt. I finally, almost, MIGHT have an idea of what it takes to be an effective teacher...maybe.
4. My first blog was back in 2004 when Xanga was the trend. I recorded the ups and downs of college life. I still look back and marvel at how unbelievably naive I was. :) As soon as Mark Zuckerberg expanded FB from Harvard to other colleges I gave up blogging for microblogging; also known as status updates.
5. A blogging tip? Hmmmm...Not so much a tip, but a resource I've considered joining. I've been looking at Teacher Blog Traffic School to help me refine my blog skills (I'm feeling very Napoleon Dynamite-esque).

Now I have a question for you! What activities, games, craftivities do you plan for the first week of school?

Take a look at my sad list of followers...yep. Just me. Help me out, will ya? ;)

18 comments:

  1. Okay, this will be a longer comment! I just was very excited to make a comment. =)

    Your blog header is adorable.

    Joining a linky party is a great way to get new followers. Having a direct link to your blog in your comment is also helpful. Here is a link that tells you how to do that:

    http://www.ladybugsteacherfiles.com/2011/02/more-code-funleaving-your-link-in.html

    I am happy to help if you ever need anything.

    I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I REALLY appreciate your kind words and help!! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to have found you through the blog hop! I am your newest follower! Your blog is super LOVELY and I wanted to give you an award! You can pick it up at my blog at Learning 4 Keeps.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! I'm loving this blog hop! :) Heading over to your blog now...

      Delete
  4. I'm your newest follower through the blog hop! Hop on over and visit my blog. I'm starting a giveaway tomorrow.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathy! Thanks for stopping by and following! I'm now following you! I can't wait for your giveaway, and congrats on reaching 50 followers! That's awesome!
      -Martha

      Delete
  5. I also joined as a follower - looks like a great blog! I have nominated you for two awards, so hop by to claim them!


    Oh, How Pintearesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following! I'm heading over now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really neat blog design. I found you through another blog. Welcome to the blogging world. Come check us out for some freebies and ideas. Your newest follower, Stephanie
    http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like it! My team teacher and I are using a Hollywood theme in our classroom this year, so I thought this would be fitting. :)

      Delete
  8. Hey there! I found your blog through the Newbies Blog Hop! I’m excited to follow you! I just nominated you for TWO awards! Stop by my blog and pick them up!
    Noelle
    The Frizz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination Noelle. :) I really appreciate it! Heading over to your blog now...

      Delete
  9. Glad you joined the newbie blog hop! I love connecting with other third grade teachers! I'm your newest follower!

    Janis
    Grade Three is the Place for Me!

    ReplyDelete